All that you need to know about BzzWings
The 21st century is the century of ideas and their fruition, taking society and industry to greater heights. Does your idea have what it takes to be the next big thing that could shape the future of business? If yes, then we have the platform for you to launch yourself and get started on your path to glory and success. Entrepreneurship and Innovation Cell (ENI), IIM Bangalore in association with NSRCEL brings to you Bzzwings, one of the largest B-Plan competitions of the year. Bzzwings has a rich legacy with many of its participant startups having to be extremely successful in the past few years.
- Up to 3 members from a startup venture can represent their team at Bzzwings
- A member can be part of only one team
- A team cannot submit more than one business plan (in the prescribed template only)
- This competition is open to early age ventures and/ or to students (undergraduate or postgraduate) interested in pursuing entrepreneurship. The eligibility criteria below apply to all business plans entering the contest
- Startups applying should not have received venture capital financing for their business plan. However, early age startups that have received seed financing from non-venture capital sources such as Angel Investors totaling less than INR 50 Lakh are eligible. They must provide details of such funding at the time of entering the contest
- If the business or enterprise has already started up, it must have been in business for less than 3 years as of May 31, 2021.
- Ventures at an ideation stage may also apply. However, in an event, where the judges might like two or more ideas equally, teams that have validation in terms of customer traction, etc. will receive an advantage to qualify for the next round
- The decision to shortlist the teams for the next stage will be taken by the judges from NSRCEL and will include a wide variety of parameters like the novelty of the idea, the problem it is solving, revenue prospects of the idea, scalability prospects, proven customer traction (if any) among many other. The judges have been part of the startup ecosystem for several years and understand it in and out. Their decisions with regards to shortlists for the next round would be binding on all the participants
BzzWings: Stages and Timelines
Participants are required to submit their ideas in the standard PPT format that is available on D2C. The submission has to be uploaded on the D2C platform. This is an elimination round and teams will be shortlisted by NSRCEL for the second round. The list of shortlisted teams will be released by the second week of July. The top ten teams will be shortlisted. These teams will be mentored by NSRCEL’s mentors and will be encouraged to develop their idea in the course of the next 20 days.
31 May’21 12:00 AM IST – 07 Jul’21 11:59 PM IST
The ten teams will have to pitch their refined B-Plans in front of a distinguished panel of judges to compete for the cash awards for the winner and the runner-up. Separately, they will also pitch to NSRCEL’s screening committee for possible offers of incubation at NSRCEL and equity funding to be declared later.
21 Aug’21 12:00 AM IST – 22 Aug’21 11:59 PM IST